Product includes audio files for the "Family Law Practice Essentials" CLE, presented on November 18, 2014. Audio files, course materials, seminar evaluation form, and Verification Affidavit will be sent electronically once payment is processed.
For CLE credit, record the codes heard in the course audio on the Verification Affidavit and submit the document to the CBA in accordance with the instructions in the document.
Presented by the Young Lawyers Section
Sponsored by Louden Caisse Hanney, Nusbaum & Parrino PC, and Schoonmaker George & Blomberg PC
CLE Credit: 5.5 Hours
About the Program:
This program will introduce listeners to the basics of family law practice and procedure. Listeners will learn tips and practice pointers from experienced family law attorneys and a presiding Judge. The CLE will begin as most family law cases do: with the initial interview. The panelists will explain the steps of a typical family law case including post-judgment and appellate issues. Listeners can expect to learn pertinent case law, the relevant statutes in family law cases and the processes currently in place including: short calendar, family relations, discovery and dispute resolution.
You will learn:
- Tips and practice pointers from experienced family law attorneys and a presiding judge.
- The steps of a typical family law case, from the initial interview to post-judgment and appellate issues.
- Pertinent case law, relevant statutes and the legal processes currently in place including: short calendar, family relations, discovery and dispute resolution.
David McGrath, Louden Caisse Hanney, Hartford
Kathryn Phillips, Nusbaum & Parrino PC, Westport
Mark Randall, Schoonmaker George & Blomberg PC, Old Greenwich
Honorable Gerard I. Adelman, Fairfield Judicial District, Presiding Judge
Barry F. Armata, Brown Paindiris & Scott LLP, Hartford
Steven R. Dembo, Berman Bourns Aaron & Dembo LLC, Hartford
Kristi A. Hanney, Louden Caisse Hanney, Hartford
Ross Kaufman, Siegel Reilly & Conlon LLC, Stamford
Keenan M. McMahon, Law Offices of Keenan McMahon, Westport
Aidan R. Welsh, Schoonmaker, George & Blomberg, PC, Greenwich
Sharon Wicks Dornfeld, Law Offices of Sharon Wicks Dornfeld, Danbury
- Initial Client Interview
- Filing an Action/Discovery
- Pendente Lite Motions/Financial Affidavits
- Alimony & Property Division
- Custody Issues/GAL/AMC/Family Relations
- Mediation & Collaborative Divorce
- Post Judgment & Appeals
- Judicial Perspective: Questions & Answers
****The Connecticut Bar Association/CT Bar Institute is an accredited provider of New York State CLE. This program qualifies for traditional and non-traditional credits. Financial hardship information is available upon request.